In this course, students aged 10-14 get to explore the wonders of circuits, code, and electronics combined with textiles to create smart clothes. BitSpace will ship your maker’s kit straight to your door so you can log on and follow along with their expert Guides!.
This course will introduce students to circuits as they use various electronic components combined with textiles to assist in the creation/modification of smart clothes.
Students will be able to express themselves through a combination of engineering and art while learning many new skills; from sewing and making, to electronics.
This course will give students a basic understanding of soft circuits through a project. Students can then carry that understanding into the creation of additional projects and activities.
• 1 Teacher kit (Additional Student Kits sold separately)
• Comprehensive Lessons to Engage Students in Wearable Electronics Projects
• Foundational understanding in basics of electronics and soft circuits
• Guidance to create your own “smart” wearable, plushie, or other fabric object. (i.e. a shirt with blinking LEDs, felt monster with light up eyes, etc.)
• Three (3) ISBE state-approved professional development hours (PDH's) will be provided by IDEA
• 1 Craft Baggie (googly eyes, colored pipe cleaners, foam stickers, etc)
• 3 sheets felt
• 4 CR2032 batteries
• 5 alligator clips
• 1 spool regular thread
• 2 spools/bundles embroidery floss
• 1 foam needle holder
• 2 needles
• 2 needle threaders
• 1 fabric pen
• 1 pair scissors
• 1 sheet conductive fabric
• 1 spool conductive thread
• 1 Lilypad battery holder
• 1 Lilypad Protosnap
• 6 sewable LEDs
Nothing will impact your 3D printing results like the kind of filament you use. Good filament is highly consistent in diameter, is wound evenly onto the spool with just the right amount of tension, and will not tangle when being unwound. 3D Universe offers a wide range of high-quality filaments to choose from. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all filament we sell. If you have any problems, just send back the unused portion of the spool for a full refund. Check out our filament collection...
Join our mailing list to get the Deal of the Week along with other goodies.
You will receive at most ONE very useful email per week.
Hate SPAM? We do too! We respect the privacy of our subscribers.