Feats of strength, speed, and beauty abound in this Make It, Race It course. Students have the opportunity to design, build and test their very own racing vehicle in this hands-on learning project that introduces students to design thinking, and woodshop tools and techniques..
Students will learn to design, build and test their very own racing vehicle in this hands-on learning project that introduces design thinking, woodshop tools & techniques, and a launching point for making.
• 1 Teacher Kit (Additional Student Kits sold separately)
• 6, 8, or 10 - Week Lesson Plans
• Best Practices for Tool Safety and Usage
• Downloadable Activities to Foster Design Thinking
• Three (3) ISBE state-approved professional development hours (PDH's) will be provided by IDEA
• Lumber Mitred (1" mitre on corners) x 2 (2 x 4 x 12")
• MDF Top x 2 (5.5 x 10.75 x 0.5")
• MDF Base Mitred (1" mitre on corners) x 2 (9.25 x 11.50 x 0.5")
• Lumber x 1 (2x2x12")
• Dowels x 1 (0.25" x 12")
• Dowels x 1 (0.5"x12")
• Wheels x 4 (1.5" x 0.5" slab)
• Wood Screw x 14 (1.58" #8)
Nothing will impact your 3D printing results like the kind of filament you use. Good filament is highly consistent in diameter, is wound evenly onto the spool with just the right amount of tension, and will not tangle when being unwound. 3D Universe offers a wide range of high-quality filaments to choose from. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all filament we sell. If you have any problems, just send back the unused portion of the spool for a full refund. Check out our filament collection...
Join our mailing list to get the Deal of the Week along with other goodies.
You will receive at most ONE very useful email per week.
Hate SPAM? We do too! We respect the privacy of our subscribers.